Monday, February 8, 2021

Ribbed Watch Cap

I had a relaxing, productive knitting weekend.  Other than shoveling snow (we got a fresh white blanket), I didn't have any demands on my time.  I had a couple stitch count issues with one project and a row count problem with another one, but I got everything sorted and made forward progress.

I also finished a hat.

Ribbed Watch Cap & Beanie.

This design features 1 x 1 ribbing in fingering weight yarn on smallish needles.  Yes, it's a lot of ribbing, but I think it's worth it.  I made the pattern as specified with the deep cuff, but you could easily adjust it for a shorter version.

The yarn is Lillian in Wheat.


I love the overall classic look, and the crown decreases came together nicely.  I'm thrilled with the way the hat turned out.  This one is for my son, but I would definitely make it again.