Monday, December 7, 2020

Toetoe

This sweater has been off the needles for a while . . . patiently waiting for buttons.


Toetoe.

I love everything about this sweater.  It was an engaging knit with just enough action to keep me entertained.  


There are twisted stitches and a simple cable pattern running down the front.  I used a tubular bind off on all the edges.  The sweater would have been ready for action a while ago, but I took my time with the button decision.  I had a lot of fun considering different options.

The yarn is Marybelle DK in Sunflower.  This non-superwash base knits up beautifully and blocks like a dream.  It's a hearty wool that's not too scratchy.  I'm smitten and getting ready to cast on another sweater with this base.

In normal times, this sweater would have been a sample.  Since shows aren't happening any time soon, it's all mine and I'm thrilled that it's a good fit.  I still might use it for a sample some day, but for now I'm going to enjoy wearing it.

2 comments:

dianne said...

I was wondering which buttons you would choose. They look great!

Michele in Maine said...

Lovely sweater - so sunny and cheerful! Can't wait to see a modeled shot :)