Friday, December 18, 2020

Take Two

It's been quite a week.  A topsy-turvy week.  My schedule is in a bit of a free fall, and every day I rearrange priorities and shift deadlines.

The holiday baking isn't finished.  To be honest, it isn't even started unless you count buying all the ingredients.  I've delegated some of the baking to a couple of my kids, and I'm hopeful that piles of cookies will appear.  I want to pop a few cards in the mail, there's decorating that needs attention and I should take the vacuum cleaner for a whirl around the living room.  So it goes.  It seems that holidays in a pandemic are just as chaotic as in normal times.

As for knitting, the other day I decided a do-over was in store for my Blurry Cowl.  I was pondering it while waiting for the furnace to be fixed.  I was so cold my options for productive activity were limited.  I wasn't that far along with the project, so it was easy to justify starting over.


I swapped the placement of the two colors, and I must say I like this better.  It's easier to see the texture in this section.  Weekend plans include plenty of knitting (after baking, cards, decorating and cleaning), and this project will probably see plenty of action.

I'm a big fan of winter.  We had a decent snowstorm the other day, and now the world is covered in white.  This week's color inspiration . . .


Peace and quiet in the Back Bay.

No comments: