Friday, December 11, 2020

Hot Water and Socks

My family is in the midst of birthday season.  Our birthdays are clustered together, and the fun starts in December.  This year we won't be celebrating in the usual way, but we're still trying to mark the occasions within pandemic restrictions.  Babies are born, birthdays are celebrated, weddings take place . . . all in the midst of a pandemic.  

My daughter Estrella has the first December birthday, and at the beginning of the week, we had a celebration plan in place.  By this afternoon, we had to revisit those plans.  Making plans and then revising plans is part of life in a pandemic.  We'll repeat the whole process in a week or so with another birthday celebration.

After everything was settled, I made a grocery store run for birthday party essentials.  I came home to discover we don't have hot water.  That doesn't bode well, but I shrugged it off.  It's 2020 after all.  This year has been an exercise in rolling with the punches.

Now for some knitting content.  Signups are open for Yarn Knot Socks, our sock club.

Each installment includes a skein of sock yarn plus a coordinating mini.  The club has three installments, and the first one ships next month.  Sign up for one, two or all three.  Details on the website.

With that, I'm off.  I've avoided the hot water situation long enough, and I'd better investigate.  Cheers to the weekend!

This week's color inspiration . . .

A collection of neutrals.

No comments: