Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Sweaters and Summer

The summer heat is still here, and it's getting mighty old.  I'm not willing to admit defeat, but I have made several adjustments.  First, dyeing only happens in the early morning.  No all-day dye sessions right now. Second, a sweater project can't have my undivided knitting attention at the moment.

As an example, here's a quick Toetoe update.  In case you're wondering, toetoe is a New Zealand grass, and it's pronounced toy-toy. Pretty cool, huh.


My strategy is to knit a few rows every day and then move on to something that doesn't take up quite as much lap space.  I had to come up with a compromise, and so far this seems to be working.
I would like to focus more on this sweater, but the heat makes me crabby and my family already tolerates a lot of salty comments.

I know I don't have enough inches yet, but I'm going to give it a quick measure anyway.  It's encouraging to have my forward progress confirmed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep, upstate NY in the summer is NOT sweater knitting season, and I know how lovely it is in MA (having lived in Boston for several years). My current sweater in progress is knit in a merino/alpaca blend and the only way I can work on it is by putting the piece of knitting on a clean table top, dragging my chair over to the table, and only holding the edge that I’m working on. I’m 12 inches into the back of the sweater and am still plugging along. Oh, and knitting early in the morning, while the coffee is brewing and the dining room is still a wee bit cool is the way to go!

InkSquared on Rav