Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Waiting for Heat

I started out with the best of intentions for a productive day but was quickly derailed when I went downstairs and noticed a chill in the air.  The temperature was just above 50 degrees.  I made a couple phone calls and a cup of coffee.  While I waited, I quickly constructed an alternate plan for the day.

Before long, the furnace guy was here assessing the situation . . . up and down, back and forth between the cellar and the thermostat.  He determined he needed a new part and off he went.  While this was unfolding, I scratched baking off the list for today.  It's too hard to bake cookies with a parade of extra people marching through the kitchen.

I found myself hanging out in the dining room so I could monitor the commotion without being in the way.  Since baking was out of the question, I turned my attention to knitting.


That led me to this sock.  This is one of last year's sock club installments.  The first sock is finished, and I've been meaning to make the second one.  Now that winter is upon us, a new pair of socks would come in handy.  

At the end of the day, I don't have fresh cookies, but I do have a second sock in progress.  And more important, the heat is back on.

No comments: