Wednesday, December 23, 2020

A Time to Make Do

It's crunch time.  This year the scope of our holiday preparations is different, but that doesn't mean there isn't last-minute scurrying.  A week ago I thought I had it all under control.  This week, not so much.

I had a cookie baking marathon over the weekend and crossed that off my list only to get a request for one more kind of cookie.  Now baking cookies is back on the list.  I positioned the vacuum cleaner in such a way to encourage others in the household to take it for a spin.  That strategy hasn't been successful.  I'll either have to give a direct order or do it myself.

This year the holiday menu is long, but the guest list is short.  There will be plenty of food to deliver and share.  

I know many others are facing similar pandemic restrictions.  I'm reminded of the matter-of-fact way my grandmother would talk about shortages during the war.  She would make do with what she had and carry on.  So it is today.  We have to make do with the current restrictions and carry on.

After all the hustle and bustle, there will be plenty of time for knitting.  Every year I look forward to some relaxing downtime.  Maybe even a little peace and quiet.


There are a couple projects that are almost finished and some new ones waiting in the wings.  I've just joined my Blurry Cowl and am ready for the stripes.  I know many knitters cast on something new during the holidays.  What's on your list?

If you're celebrating this week, take a moment to pause and reflect.  In the midst of all this crazy chaos, there's still so much to be grateful for.  Enjoy the holiday!

Since it's a short blogging week, here is this week's color inspiration.


A wall of holiday cheer.

No comments: