Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Rip Early

First of all, here's a quick schedule update.  On Saturday, February 23, I'll be in Portland at KnitWit Yarn Shop, 1:00-3:00.


As always I'll have new samples in tow plus yarn and bundles.  If you have cabin fever, this is a good excuse to get out and be inspired.

Yesterday we had a snow day, and I took that as a sign to start something new.


This project was much bigger, but by the end of the day I decided I didn't like the gauge so I ripped it out and started over.  This is much better.  Remember if you're not happy with a project, don't fool yourself into thinking it will work out.  It won't.  Save yourself the time and rip early.

1 comment:

Judy11 said...

I should be taking your comments about swatching/frogging to heart right now. I did swatch, and got perfect gauge on the shawl I'm working on. But as it grows I am not happy with the drape - or rather lack thereof, that it has. And yet I continue o pick it up and move onward on it. I think I'm afraid if I rip it out and choose larger needles, I will run out of yarn. It takes 3 colors of a not inexpensive yarns, so running out of any one would be the death of the project :(