Friday, August 17, 2018

Back to the Drawing Board

It happens.  Sometimes the yarn and pattern I've chosen don't make a good match.  I was working on a cowl last night and had mixed feelings about the project.  Rather than make any rash decisions, I decided to sleep on it.

This morning when I was walking the dog, I had time to assess the situation.  I don't like the way this project is working up, so I'm not going to stay on the same path.  I thought it might be a gauge issue.  I changed needles and worked a little more.  That was better but still not great.  The stitch pattern wasn't showing up as much as I'd like.

Maybe the problem is the color of the yarn or maybe it's the pattern in general, but there was only one solution.


Time for a do-over.  Now I need to decide if I should pick a different color of yarn for this pattern or find a new pattern for this yarn.  Solve one problem and create a new one.

This week's color inspiration . . . a rainy evening along the Charles River.


Dusk and fog.

No comments: