Friday, June 30, 2017

When My Mind Wanders . . .

I'm still cruising along on the Casapinka test knit.  It's getting bigger, but I'll spare you a picture.  Let's just say I've moved past the one skein version and am working on the larger size.

Yesterday while I was knitting away on this shawl, I started thinking about my next project.  It's always good to have a strategy in place.  I realized, much to my dismay, that June is almost gone.  Since I have a project deadline in mid-July, I decided I should probably move that to the top of the queue.

I had a couple patterns in mind, but after a quick spin around Ravelry I completely reversed course.  What was going to be a one color, one skein project has morphed into something a little more involved.  Now there are two colors and three skeins in play.  This small, quick project has become a little more elaborate.

I narrowed my color options down to three different combinations but hit a bit of a snag.  My daughter weighed in, and this is where I landed.


Of course I didn't have the colors available in the base I wanted, so I also had to do a quick dye run.  Now that my next project is settled, I'm focused again on the test knit.

This week's color inspiration . . . 


Sunshine.

No comments: