Friday, May 10, 2019

Somber

This weekend I'll be in New Hampshire, and I have one more sample for the road.



This design has some interesting twists and turns to create a clever construction.  Add some stripes and there's plenty of variety to keep things interesting.


The shawl is quite substantial and can be wrapped around several times.  The yarn is Lillian in Biscuit and Persimmon.  I had a game of yarn chicken going the other day, and I lost.  I did add more yarn just so I could complete the pattern as written.  

If you want to get it out of two skeins, you could knock off a handful of rows at the end.  Since the shawl is so big, you won't be losing that much on size.  There are plenty of great color combinations.  All the more fun!

The other day I grabbed these flowers as a little pick-me-up.  This week's color inspiration . . . 


All red.

No comments: