Monday, March 30, 2015

A Walk Around Town

I thoroughly enjoy my weekend travel for shows, but it doesn't come without a price.  My challenges for today:  the truck has to be unloaded, my phone charger went missing between Vermont and home, my feeling of exhaustion might actually be the current household cold taking me down, today's workload was probably over-ambitious and needs to be rescheduled.

While I tackle these hurdles, here's a quick recap of my weekend.  I was in White River Junction, a lovely little town with a railroad stop. This event was relocated and was held at the Hotel Coolidge.  This hotel is one of my favorite places to stay, and I've already given a quick rundown in a previous blog post

I've described this event to a dear friend, and she now calls it my Petticoat Junction weekend.  Here's a quick tour.

Outside the hotel.










Can you tell what these were before they were repurposed as bracelets?





Inside the hotel.





Around the fireplace at the end of the day.


Colorful notes decorate a wall in the hotel cafe.

I didn't include pictures of any of the restaurants, but this little town has a great selection, and there's a food co-op to boot.  A charming hotel, a well-stocked yarn shop, delicious food, wonderful people. White River Junction is the perfect getaway.

No comments: