Wednesday, March 11, 2015

March Madness

March is turning out to be a busy month for me.  Last week I was sorting out my schedule and was faced with the logistics of trying to be in two places on the same day.  After a little back and forth, I arrived at a creative solution.  It means this coming weekend will be non-stop, but it's all about yarn and knitting and promises to be loads of fun.

For starters the North Shore Yarn Crawl is happening this weekend.  It starts tomorrow and runs right through the weekend.  This winter has been rough on many small businesses.  They've either been closed because of the weather, or people just haven't been able to get out and about.  This is a great way to help those businesses rebound.


I can't be on hand the entire weekend, but my yarn will be in attendance.  Seed Stitch in Salem will have a colorful selection available.  On Sunday I'll be in the shop with a trunk show and more goodies.

FiberCamp is also this weekend.  This annual event is hosted by the Common Cod Fiber Guild.  This is the year for knitting authors. Barbara Parry, author of Adventures in Yarn Farming, will give a talk. Julia Farwell-Clay will be signing copies of her new book, From Folly Cove.  The weekend features a wide selection of fiber-related sessions, a small vendor market and plenty of time for socializing and knitting.  I'll be in the market on Saturday.  See the website for more information.

Looking toward the end of the month, I'll be heading back to Vermont. The Green Mountain Fiber Festival has been moved to the Hotel Coolidge and upgraded to a knitting retreat.  I love this location with all its quirks and charms and am looking forward to a different twist on a familiar event.  If you're looking for a relaxing late-winter knitting getaway, check the website for details.

No comments: