Friday, August 23, 2024

Striking a Balance

It's the end of a busy week as I try to strike a balance between family life and work prep.  Mom, can you give me a ride?  Mom, can you help me give my dog a bath?  Mom, can you help me pack and move some furniture?  And don't forget the copies I asked you to print.

Mothers will do almost anything for their kids.  I've made the most of my flexible summer schedule, but I know all of that is about to change when we flip the calendar page.

Today I spent a few hours trying to reconfigure a kit pattern.  I procrastinated as long as possible, but the deadline for this project is approaching.  After ripping out the same colorwork round two or three times, I decided it would be more productive to spend a little time at my desk instead.


Just a heads up that club orders will close after this weekend.  If you've been thinking about joining, now is the time.  You'll find all the details here.

I need to feel like I've accomplished something today, so I'm off to finish a couple armholes with Italian bind off.


The colorwork project will keep until tomorrow.

Last week a few of us managed to squeeze in our annual blueberry picking.  The season was winding down, but there were still plenty of berries.  This week's color inspiration . . .


Berry patch blues.

No comments: