Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Rounds Ripped

The last couple days my knitting progress has been measured in rounds ripped rather than rounds knit.  I've been focused on getting a new project up and running. My stitch count was off, and the only way to fix it was to go back.  So I did.  It's not the end of the world.  I do plenty of ripping.


This was the first rip, and I thought the problem was fixed. I happily re-knit this yarn only to discover my stitch count in a different section was off.  I uttered some choice words and ripped back a second time.

This morning I re-knit it again making sure to count after every 3-round sequence.  


This time all my numbers were in order.  Thank goodness.  I don't usually let a project vex me to the point of putting it in timeout, but I was concerned that's where this one was headed.

Yes, there is a color discrepancy in these two shots. Lighting can be challenging.  The second picture is more accurate.

I'm finally ready to move on to the next section.  I don't have time to do any more ripping, so I'll be counting often.

No comments: