Friday, April 30, 2021

The Third Time

I find if I knit a pattern more than once, the second time through is usually faster.  And if it's the third time, I almost know the pattern by heart.

This is my mohair blob, a.k.a. Love Note.  Yes, this is my third time with this pattern.  I'm making a couple changes, but it's still moving along at a pretty good clip.  Yesterday I separated the body and sleeves so at least now the rounds are shorter.  

Knitting with mohair isn't really mindless, but there's a certain comfort in knowing the ins and outs of a pattern.  If nothing else, it gives me time to ponder new projects.

April has been an interminably long month for me - I thought it would never end.  Maybe it's the general sameness of every day that's finally caught up with me.  I'm welcoming a new month and am excited to turn the calendar page tomorrow.

This week's color inspiration comes from a May Day celebration several years ago.

Around and around the maypole.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I’d have to knit something three times to find out for sure, but I’m not sure I’d remember a whole pattern. Maybe a pattern stitch?

Love the color inspiration. Right up my alley.