Monday, November 16, 2020

Late-Night Knitting

Oh, the perils of late-night knitting.


This is how my project looked on Sunday after a late night with the needles.  I was in the home stretch of my raglan increases when I stopped to check my stitch count.  I had a sneaking suspicion I was off and sure enough I was.  Usually I can blame the beer, but I wasn't even drinking.

There was only one solution.  

I ripped and reknit.  Then I finished the raglan increases and separated.  Now it's a straight shot to the bottom ribbing.  Plain stockinette . . . perfect for sipping a beer.

3 comments:

judy said...

That is a slow to rip back yarn combination. That mohair grips like a child’s hands on a shopping cart when it doesn’t want to leave. Noooo!

Karen said...

What a gorgeous color. Hope it made the ripping and reknitting more enjoyable.

Michele in Maine said...

Arrgghh - so frustrating to knit backwards. Glad you're on the mindless part now. I've just separated for the sleeves on my Aldous so I can watch "The Queen's Gambit" with more attention!