Monday, November 21, 2022

Hot Pink Crosses the Finish Line

The story of the hot pink yarn continues today.  Estrella wanted a headband to wear for the Philadelphia Marathon on Sunday.

I cast on the headband before we hit the road.  I had a feeling the knitting would be my responsibility too, and sure enough, I knit all the way to Philadelphia.  It's not very often I get to sit in the passenger seat.  I had other plans for my travel knitting, but when duty called, I shifted gears.


The headband was ready for the race early Sunday morning.  Estrella made a good call with the headband. The weather was cold and blustery.  Perfect wool weather.


The hot pink headband was both colorful and practical.  It was a challenging run, but Estrella stuck with it.  Her determination and perseverance paid off.  Cheers to crossing the finish line!

1 comment:

Michele in Maine said...

Yay, Estrella! And yay to Mom too! Great backup team!