Monday, June 27, 2022

Knit on . . .

We all knew it was coming, but the release of the Roe decision on Friday really hit hard.  It reminded me of death.  When someone is dying and you know the end is near, it doesn't seem real until they take their last breath.  It's only after the last breath that reality sinks in, and you can start grieving.

Like so many others, I spent the weekend processing the decision and grieving.  I listened to as much news as I could handle.  I did very little cooking.  I may have lost my way on Netflix. 

And I took Elizabeth Zimmermann's quote to heart and did a lot of knitting.  "Knit on, with confidence and hope, through all crises."


Monday morning dawned, and I still feel numb, weary and exhausted.   Eventually I'll come out of this fog of grief, and then it'll be time for action.  Take good care and knit on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Indeed. What you said. Definitely knit on.

Michele in Maine said...

Elizabeth Zimmerman was very wise. And as others have said, first we grieve, then we fight like hell.