Wednesday, September 27, 2017

The Shape of Things

When I start a new project, I usually read through the pattern to get the gist of what's going on.  Sometimes I can visualize how things will come together.  Other times I just have to follow the directions and trust that everything will work out in the end.  And usually it does.

When I started Saltwater, I checked the pattern.  Welts with stockinette and reverse stockinette.  I got that part, but I was puzzled by the shape.


Now that I've worked a few sections, I'm getting the hang of it.  See that wing piece sticking out on the right side?  That's where the shaping comes in.  Clever construction keeps me entertained.

We've had a blast of summer this week, but it looks like fall will return by the weekend - just in time for Vermont Sheep and Wool.  This is a charming event held in an enchanting location.  If you're planning to go, follow the link to the website.  There's a coupon for $1 off admission.  Look for my booth in the Vendor Pavilion.

No comments: