Friday, August 25, 2017

Off-Balance

I'm often bouncing back and forth between several knitting projects. Usually that's a good system for me, but every once in a while I get stuck in a cycle where I'm doing a lot of knitting but don't have much progress to show for it.  It's like an off-balance washing machine.  It's still moving, but it's not very productive.

The ideal combination of projects includes at least one that's a quick mover because it's always a nice boost to finish something.  If all of them are involved and fussy, it's hard to finish anything.  That's when I get stuck in the off-balance cycle, and I'm working away but don't have anything to show for it. 


And that's where I am right now.  I'm still working on the first section of my Enfilade.  It's getting bigger, but it's taking me a while to finish this part.  I've decided that today is the day.  I'm going to focus on just this project.

This week's color inspiration is straight from the farmers' market.


Hungarian peppers . . . bold and bright.

No comments: