Friday, February 13, 2015

One Down

I've been chugging right along with new booth samples - one finished, another one under construction.  I may be struggling to stay on track with my dyeing schedule, but the knitting side of the operation is on target.  For the moment.  And really, when it looks like this outside, all I want to do is stay put and knit.


This uneven path is my sidewalk.  It's a road to nowhere because I can't even make it to the corner without scaling that huge snowbank at the end.  Our weekend weather forecast includes another foot of snow (that's 30 cm for those of you who are metric-minded), so there's more prime knitting time headed my way.

Off the needles . . . 


Dovetail Cowl.  I love this pattern.  Simple knit and purl combinations can entertain me for hours.

This pattern includes two sizes, and I made the smaller one this time around.


A couple years ago I made the larger size, but that one has gone missing.  I think I might have loaned it to a yarn shop, and I'm sure it will surface eventually.


In the meantime I used its absence as a good excuse to make another one.

The yarn is Petite Clara, colorway Chartreuse.


This BFL yarn is always a favorite, and lately I've been smitten with this colorway.  See my Algonquin Hat.  In an attempt to achieve balance, I'm making a concerted effort to steer clear of green for my upcoming projects.

For this week's color inspiration I revisited my inspiration from two weeks ago.


That splash of red is barely visible now, and by Monday I'm sure it will be gone.


Buried.

1 comment:

Jill L said...

Another beautiful cowl!