Friday, March 19, 2021

On a Whim . . .

First things first.  There's one kit from the spring club up for grabs over on Instagram.  Leave a comment and mention a favorite pandemic knitting project.  The pandemic has gone on so long you might have more than one favorite.  Feel free to mention two or three.  There are a lot of good project suggestions in the Instagram feed.  Give it a read if you're looking for inspiration.

If Instagram doesn't work for you, leave a comment below and I'll add it to the mix.  The winner, chosen at random, will have a choice of either fingering or DK weight yarn.  Comments are open through Sunday, March 21.

I had a moment of serendipity on Wednesday evening.  A mitts pattern popped up when I was scrolling through Instagram or Ravelry.  I don't remember the exact source right now, and it doesn't really matter.  I glanced at the pile of yarn next to my desk and knew I had to cast on right away.  And so I did.


Witty's Trail Mitts.  In less than 24 hours, I had finished the first mitt and had cast on the second one.  I prefer to do both thumbs at the same time, so the thumb on the first one still needs finishing touches.

The design includes two stitch pattern options.  I'm making the broken rib version, and I'm using leftover Marybelle DK in Sunflower.  If this yarn looks familiar, it's because I used it for a sweater last fall.  I'm certain these cozy, cushy mitts will be a favorite.

This week's color inspiration matches my mitts.


Springtime yellow.

2 comments:

stephanie48 said...

I worked on hats during the pandemic. I knit 2 Dino Stripes Knit Hat by Melody Rogers for my granddaughters. Nice to know they wear them often.

Kim said...

I’ve worked on knitting down (or frogging) long dormant projects. Two pairs of socks done, a sweater-in-progress frogged, and a sweater with only one sleeve to go is active again!

InkSquared on Ravelry