Monday, July 25, 2011

Cedar Leaf

I was obsessed with my Cedar Leaf Shawlette at the end of last week, and that fascination continued through the weekend.  Cedar Leaf is off the needles.




It's blocked and ready to travel.


I'm delighted with this shawl.  The design uses short rows to create a crescent shape.  The border of leaves is knit and attached to the live body stitches.  This shawl has wonderful drape and elegance.




The yarn is Dirty Water DyeWorks Edna, colorway Acorn.  Edna is a new yarn line - a DK weight blend of 85% Polwarth Wool, 15% Silk.  It will be up on the website soon.


In anticipation of Sock Summit I want to start a new sock project.  I've been looking at patterns.  I don't want a mindless pattern, but I also don't want one that's going to require my undivided attention.  So far no decision has been made on the pattern.




But I have decided on the yarn.

No comments: